Donate Life America: Click link below to sign up to become a registered organ & tissue donor!!!! http://donatelife.net/register-now
United Network for Organ Sharing: Click link below to learn more about “Organ Donation & Transplantation” http://www.unos.org
*Did you know that there are currently 116,000+ patients are awaiting a life saving organ transplant in the United States? Or that 18+ men, women, and children die each day because of the seriousness of this issue.*
*Did you know that approximately 13,000 children are currently waiting for a solid organ transplant, while another 10,000 children are awaiting a bone marrow, stem cell or cord blood transplant? Each year about 4,000 children are successfully transplanted. Unfortunately an equal number do not survive the wait because no match is available.* These statistics will steadily increase without programs like ours.
Program- Community Education Outreach
THERE IS NO COST FOR THE ACT OF DONATION!
- In the media you often hear about cancer, diabetes, HIV, and other deadly diseases.
- The urgent need for ORGAN DONORS is often a subject that many people do not discuss.
- There is a critical need for organ donors! The facts do not lie!!!
African Americans make up only 12% of the U.S. population, but 35% of the patients currently on the waiting list are African American.
- By becoming an organ and tissue donor, you can help save up to 8 lives and enhance the lives
of over 50 people.
- Every 13 minutes, a new name is added to the national organ transplant waiting list.
Thanks to United Network for Organ Sharing for providing us with this data. For more information visithttp://www.unos.org
Click on image for bigger view…